I Decide for Me:
6th Grade Program
Sexual Risk Avoidance Education: A 4-day 60-minute program or a 5-day 45-minute presentation with relevant truth, compelling facts, and medically accurate data. Additional 2 doses available through student handout.
- Introduction of Clarity and the presenter
- Comprehensive, holistic health approach
- Human Sexuality Terminology
- Sexual Activity defined as the voluntary action which involves any part of one person’s body touching the private areas of another person’s body.
- Gender defined as identification of a male or female.
- Reproduction defined as how babies are made.
- Puberty defined as how people change from children to adults.
- Similar changes in both males and females
- Changes in males
- Changes in females
- My choices affect every area of my whole person.
- A person is valuable no matter how small, because a person is a person after all.
- Review of previous program content
- Information Gathering
- Media discounted as a credible source for obtaining information
- Marriage identified as the boundary for positive and healthy sexual activity
- Identify Go-To Adults
- Criteria includes:
- Someone the student trusts
- Over the age of 18
- Someone the student sees on a regular basis
- Must be making healthy life choices
- Criteria includes:
- Introduction of the CDC’s Six Critical Health Behaviors and expected healthy responses
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Injury and Violence
- Tobacco Use
- Physical Activity
- Sexual Activity
- Media’s lies won’t help you decide. Talk to your Go-To Adult today!
- Abstinence until marriage is the healthiest choice because it protects our whole person.
- Review previous program content and continued discussion on 6 Critical Health Behaviors
- Definitions of sexual abstinence and sexual abuse
- Sexual Abstinence defined as controlling the timing of sexual activity.
- Sexual Abuse defined as unwanted sexual activity.
- Consequences of Sexual Activity
- Physical consequence of unplanned pregnancy
- Physical consequence of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and/or Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Emotional, Mental, Ethical, and Social Consequences
- Establishing Personal Self-Control and Boundary Setting
- Pornography defined as the viewing of nude or naked photos or videos for the purpose of sexual excitement.
- Addiction defined as an urge to do something that is hard to control or stop.
- Character building and friendship
- Becoming a healthy adult requires self-control.
- Becoming a healthy adult requires personal boundary setting.
- Review Previous Program Content
- Answering anonymous student questions
- Personal Boundary setting in regard to sexual activity and physical consequences that can occur
- Responsible social media usage
- Instruction given on how to respond when exposed to pornography.
- Sexting defined as texting nude or naked pictures or sexually explicit messages by a mobile device.
- Refusal skills
- Equip students with tools they can utilize with their Go-To adults
- Marriage is the healthiest boundary for positive sexual activity.
- Healthy boundaries will keep you safe on the Internet.
- When I’m uncomfortable I can say, “NO!
*Each I Decide for Me (IDFM) program uses anonymous, matched entry and exit surveys to confirm changes in attitude and knowledge for the purpose of measuring the program’s effectiveness.
Ask a Question
We're committed to partnering with parents, educators and communities to empower healthy choices. As a student participant or a parent/guardian, we encourage you to make informed decisions. Reach out if you have questions!
Program Info & FAQs
What is the I Decide For Me program about? Learn more about each of our programs, and find answers to our most asked questions.